Summer job applications for the Student Employment Experience Development (SEED) program are now available in New Brunswick.
- The SEED program provides experiential learning opportunities for students during the summer months.
- The placement must: be up to nine consecutive weeks for college and high school students and up to 14 consecutive weeks for university students; be completed by Sept. 6; provide a minimum of 35 hours per week; not start before receiving formal approval; not displace or replace permanent employees on layoff, parental leave, sick leave or in a part-time position; not convert a part-time position to a full-time position; and, not already be funded by another federal or provincial government job creation program.
- For the nonprofit sector and First Nations communities, 100% of
minimumwage for 35 hours a week will be subsidized.
- For the private sector and municipalities, 50% of minimum wage for 35 hours a week will be subsidized.\
- Employers can hire up to four students who have a SEED voucher.
- 100% of the wage subsidy will be provided upfront at the beginning of the contract.
- The deadline is March 31.