The Government of Northwest Territories has announced the launch of a new grant initiative—the Government Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Grant Program.
- The application-based, non-repayable grant program is designed to support GHG emissions reduction projects and initiatives for NWT community governments, municipalities, and Indigenous governments.
- This program will fund
largercommunity and Indigenous government based projects.
- It will make $1.8M in funding available over the next four years, including the 2018-2019 fiscal year.
- Grants will support up to 75% of eligible project costs.
- The GHG Grant Program is part of the $23M Low Carbon Economy Leadership Fund (LCELF) jointly announced by the GNWT and the Government of Canada earlier this month.
- Renewable electricity projects are not eligible for funding under this program.