The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador is now accepting applications from nonprofits and local governments that wish to sponsor projects funded by the Community Enhancement Employment Program (CEEP).
- CEEP provides funding for short-term employment.
- Workers in rural areas are employed by local governments or community organizations for up to 400 hours to assist them with eligibility for Employment Insurance benefits.
- The department provides funding towards projects that contribute to tourism development, economic development, community/municipal infrastructure, and community services.
- This Program provides funding to eligible sponsors, including towns, Inuit Community Governments, regional municipalities, local service districts, community and economic development organizations, and other nonprofits.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is July 27.