Municipalities have less than a month to apply to the Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ (FCM) Green Municipal Fund (GMF).
- GMF funds innovative environmental capital projects.
- Projects can include building a new energy-efficient recreational centre on a remediated brownfield, purchasing properly sized municipal vehicles for various uses, and equipping an existing wastewater treatment facility with alternative, innovative systems and more.
- Municipalities can apply for a loan of up to $5M, combined with a grant of around 15%.
- Applicants with high-ranking projects may be eligible for a loan of up to $10M, combined with a grant for 15% of the loan amount, to a maximum of $1.5M.
- The deadline to apply is March 1.