The Government of Alberta will launch a new program to help agricultural societies reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through energy-efficient upgrades.
- This new grant program has a $10M budget.
- It will support technologies that help societies to reduce GHG emissions and facility operating costs, including improving lighting, heating, ventilation and rink/arena equipment.
- Agricultural societies operate more than 700 facilities across Alberta, including hockey rinks, curling rinks, community halls and facilities.
- An estimated 260 agriculture societies will be eligible.
- The program will be paid for through 2018-19 Climate Leadership Plan funds.
- Eligible initiatives under the program will include retroactive and future activities that are measurable, increase energy efficiency and reduce GHG emissions.
- This fund is not yet accepting applications.