Environment and Climate Change Canada has launched the Target 1 Challenge to support projects that help meet Canada’s biodiversity target of protecting 17% of land and inland water by 2020.
- This program will provide up to $175M.
- It is part of Canada’s Nature Fund.
- Federal funding will be matched by partners.
- Funding is open to projects led by provinces, territories, Indigenous Peoples, and the private and nonprofit sectors that expand or strengthen Canada’s network of protected and conserved areas.
- The application process includes an EOI and a final proposal phase.
- Interested organizations are encouraged to submit an EOI by Jan. 31.
- Final proposals must be submitted by March 15.