The Government of Canada has launched the Canada Nature Fund for Aquatic Species at Risk, a $55M investment over five years to support the recovery of aquatic species at risk.
- This fund was launched in partnership with Indigenous communities, organizations, provinces and territories, industry and academia.
- It focuses on seven priority freshwater places and two priority marine threats.
- These federal targeted investments will directly support aquatic conservation and species at risk across the country and in our oceans.
- The Government is accepting Expressions of Interest from potential partners to support the conservation of biodiversity through collaboration and partnership to recover aquatic species at risk.
- Project partners will be expected to match funding.
- Expressions of interest are due March 22.