The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador has expanded its Fire Protection Vehicle Program to include more options for communities to access funding for used and new vehicles.
- The program has been modified to include eligibility for suitable used vehicles.
- There is also a provision for a fixed contribution funding amount for new vehicles.
- Communities will now be able to apply for cost-shared funding under one of three funding streams.
- The three streams include: Used Vehicle – Cost Shared Funding; New Vehicle – Cost Shared Funding; and New Vehicle – Fixed Contribution Cost Shared Funding.
- The maximum provincial contribution is $100k.
- Funding for used vehicles will be based on a cost-share of 90/10 (government/community).