The Governments of Canada and Ontario have updated the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program to help farmers access compensation when they lose livestock to predators.
- More ways to provide sufficient evidence to prove wildlife predation,
- A more independent and transparent appeal process,
- Better training for municipal investigators to assess predation, and
- Compensation that better reflects market prices.
The Government of Ontario has also published changes to its Commodity Loan Guarantee Program (CLGP) to help corn farmers affected by abnormally high levels of Deoxynivalenol (DON) this year.
- The repayment deadline is extended from Feb. 28 to Sept. 30 for 2018 and 2019 program years, and
- The maximum guaranteed loan limit is increased from $120M to $200M for 2019 and 2020.