On July 17, 2019, the Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science and Sport, announced over $285 million for Social Sciences and Humanities researchers in Canada. Through the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
- The Government of Canada, through Budget 2018, provided SSHRC with the single biggest funding boost in Canadian history.
- SSHRC’s Insight and Partnership programs support research and research training in the humanities and social sciences.
- SSHRC’s Talent program supports students and postdoctoral researchers to develop Canada’s next generation of researchers and leaders, within academia and across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
- Today’s announcement involves over 900 partners from the academic, government, industry and not-for-profit sectors.
- The Government of Canada recently launched Dimensions: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Canada. This new pilot program, which is inspired by the United Kingdom’s internationally recognized Athena SWAN Charter, will address systemic barriers in research, particularly those experienced by members of underrepresented or disadvantaged groups.