The Government of Alberta has streamlined its Alberta Export Expansion Program to reduce red tape for applicants.
- Applications will now be accepted under a single stream (instead of the SME Export Support Fund and Global Buyers and Investors Program).
- SMEs, municipalities, First Nations, Metis Settlements, industry associations, and economic development organizations can apply.
- Funding can be used to promote Alberta exports through international business travel or bring international buyers to Alberta.
- The program has a continuous intake.
- Its annual budget is $1.2M.
- The max. amount per application is now $25k, up from $20k.