The Government of BC’s Community Emergency Preparedness Fund (CEPF) will receive a $5M boost to help local fire departments acquire more equipment and training.
- This fund is administered by the Union of BC Municipalities (UBCM).
- The additional funding is part of a new funding stream established to help local communities acquire new or replacement equipment and firefighter training.
- Eligible fire departments include local governments, First Nations communities, and society-run departments.
- All funding streams of the CEPF now include First Nation communities.
- The application process for this fund, as well as deadlines, is being finalized.