Celebrating small business contributions to the economy
Every October, Canada recognizes Small Business week. It’s hailed as a celebration of Canadian entrepreneurs and their contribution to Canada’s economy. Looking at the numbers, the impact small businesses have in Canada is immense.
By the Numbers:
- 98.2% of all Canadian Companies are small businesses (100 employees or less)
- 69.7% of Canadians work for small businesses
- 41.9% of Canada’s exports in 2019 were attributed to SMEs.
- Geographically, more than half of all small businesses are based in Ontario and Quebec with British Colombia at 15%
- Annual reports estimate public funders at all three levels of governments award a total of $32 billion in grants and incentives annually. SMEs and Startups are eligible for their fair share of that funding.
Are you looking for grants and funding for your small business? Fundingportal can help!
How do I stay updated on funding?
- Purchase your Subscription Package to find the right funding opportunities for your organization immediately, and stay informed on new funds through our curated alerts system.
- Continue subscribing to Fundnews
- Order a custom Fundingsources Report today to identify the top funds for your projects and predict your funding outcomes. Then, work with our grant writers to submit a winning application.
To get started:
- Book a free consultation with our experts,
- Call us at 1-855-850-FUND (3863), or
- Email us [email protected].