Capital projects funding: Green Municipal Fund
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is reminding municipalities that the deadline to apply to its Green Municipal Fund (GMF) is Aug. 1.
- The GMF finances capital projects that improve air, water, land, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- It offers a wide range of funding for capital projects related to energy, transportation, waste, water and brownfields.
- A capital project involves the retrofitting, construction, replacement, expansion, or purchase and installation of fixed assets or infrastructure that will improve environmental performance in municipal, energy, transportation, waste, or water, or some combination of these sectors.
- Brownfield capital projects involve soil remediation or risk management to bring contaminated land into productive use.
- FCM offers low-interest loans, in combination with grants, to implement capital projects.