$10billion Growth Fund announced
Fund focused on agriculture, clean energy and broadband looks to boost the economy and create 60,000 jobs.
Long-term economic growth and job creation are the focus of Growth Plan, a new $10 billion infrastructure fund announced by the Canada Infrastructure Bank and the federal government.
The key priorities of the multi-billion-dollar-fund include investment in agricultural infrastructure, clean power and broadband networks. It is expected to create 60,000 jobs.
Fund Allocation Breakdown:
- $2.5 billion for clean power
- $2 billion for broadband to expand access to high-speed internet service
- $2 billion to retrofit buildings for energy efficiency.
- $1.5 billion for agricultural infrastructure in Western Canada
- $1.5 billion for zero-emission buses and
- $500 million to help speed up pre-construction requirements
While no release date has been announced for these funds, Fundingportal will continue to monitor and provide updates as they become available .
For subscribers looking for funding now, there are immediate solutions. Use Fundsearch to match into 4,500 active grant and incentive programs for companies and organizations across Canada
Many organizations unfamiliar with the grant writing process have a difficult time securing funds for their projects. Work with a Fundingportal expert grant writer to produce a winning application in less than 15 business days.
How to stay up to date on funding: