Municipalities, nonprofits, and First Nations in Ontario should take note that the deadline to apply to the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP): Community, Culture and Recreation Stream is fast approaching and will be upon us on Nov. 12.
- ICIP is a $30B cost-shared infrastructure funding program delivered by the federal government, provinces, and territories for municipalities and other recipients.
- Its Community, Culture and Recreation Stream supports improving access to and the quality of priority infrastructure projects.
- The program has two sub-streams: Multi-Purpose and Renovation and Rehabilitation.
- The project cap under the Multi-Purpose Stream is $50M. Projects should consist of new build or construction projects, large-scale renovation, or the expansion of existing facilities.
- The project cap under the Rehabilitation and Renovation Stream is $5M. Projects should consist of renovations and rehabilitations, Small-scale improvements to address accessibility, or small new build or construction projects of recreation, cultural or community centre infrastructure.
- The deadline to apply is Nov. 12 at 11:59 p.m.