There are 30.7 million small businesses in the U.S. which account for 99.9% of all U.S. businesses. In fact, small businesses employ 58.9 million people, which makes up 47.5% of the country’s total employee workforce.
2020 has been a challenging year for many small businesses. (A small business is defined as any business under 500 employees), and many businesses have pivoted to meet challenges head on.
“In 2020, SMEs and Startups have shown incredible resilience and tenacity, finding ways to move forward despite uncertainty.Alexandria Shannon, President, Fundingportal
This year we have seen the government step up and support small businesses with grants and incentives, and it’s been a privilege for me to help business access this funding.”
Some examples of funding announced for start ups and SMEs during the COVID-19 pandemic include:
COVID-19 Manufacturing Emergency Response Team Funding a fund focused on meeting the urgent need for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers on the front-lines of the COVID-19 response; and
(COVID-19) NCBiotech Flash Grants which support short, tightly-focused research projects to advance a basic life science research programs into the translational research phase of development.
This in in addition to funding already in place including:
The Connected Communities – a fund that to find and share technical and market solutions that will increase demand flexibility and energy efficiency.
The Development Innovation Ventures – a grant a year-round grant competition for innovative ideas, pilots and tests them using cutting-edge analytical methods, and scales solutions that demonstrate widespread impact and cost-effectiveness.
And many more.
Are you looking for grants and funding for your small business? Fundingportal can help!
How do I stay updated on funding?
- Purchase your Subscription Package to find the right funding opportunities for your organization immediately, and stay informed on new funds through our curated alerts system.
- Continue subscribing to Fundnews
- Order a custom Fundingsources Report today to identify the top funds for your projects and predict your funding outcomes. Then, work with our grant writers to submit a winning application.
To get started:
- Book a free consultation with our experts,
- Call us at 1-855-850-FUND (3863), or
- Email us [email protected].