The Government of Manitoba is now accepting applications to its Indigenous and Northern Initiatives grant program.
- This program provides funding for projects and initiatives led by Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations and communities.
- First Nations communities, Northern Affairs communities, organizations, and businesses are encouraged to form partnerships and apply.
- Priority will be given to projects that: Improve relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples; Improve quality of life; Support activities that align with the Path to Reconciliation Act, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada’s Calls to Action, and/or the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples; and Show clear, concrete and positive project benefits that align with the government’s priorities.
- This program supports small grants of up to $25k, but consideration will be given to larger proposals that demonstrate significant partnerships and the potential for exceptional regional or provincial impact.
- Only single-year projects will be considered.
- The application deadline is Feb. 7.