There are 84 different solicitations currently open under the federal Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs — is your innovation what the government is looking for?
Together, the SBIR and the STTR flow about $2.5B in funding per year to encourage small businesses to engage in federal research and R&D activities with a view to commercialization. Applicants typically receive between $50k and $250k to undertake their initial research phase.
The government is currently seeking a wide range of innovations under these programs, including:
- translational neural devices,
- interactive digital media STEM resources for pre-college and informal science education audiences,
- wearable alcohol biosensors,
- cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment technologies for low-resource settings, and
- computational genomics and data science opportunities for small businesses.
Subscribe to Fundingportal today to match into the full range of SBIR/STTR solicitations and to discover all federal and state programs currently available to your business.