The Government of Manitoba is providing funding under its new Military Memorial Conservation grant program to ensure the long-term viability of legions.
- The new Military Memorial Conservation grant program is supported by the $2M Military Memorial Conservation Fund announced in May.
- Veterans’ organizations, municipalities and private groups can apply.
- Projects should focus on preserving and maintaining Manitoba military memorials.
- The grant program is expected to generate about $100k per year and will be used to support approved restoration projects.
- The deadline is Feb. 15.
- In addition, effective immediately, veterans’ organizations will receive an estimated $600k in additional revenue through the Video Lottery Terminal (VLT) revenue sharing agreements.