The Government of Manitoba is making the Manitoba Film and Video Production Tax Credit permanent by removing its sunset clause.
- The change is the result of a comprehensive review of the program, initiated in Budget 2018.
- The sunset clause was initially set for Dec. 31, 2019.
- Eliminating the tax credit’s expiry date brings Manitoba in line with other jurisdictions offering this type of support, including the federal government, Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia.
- 2017-18 was the sector’s most successful year to date in the province.
- The Province began offering a refundable film and video tax credit in 1997.