The Government of Canada has launched its second call for proposals under the Clean Transportation System – Research and Development Program.
- This fund aims to support the development of innovative clean technologies to improve the environmental performance of the marine, rail and aviation transportation systems.
- The Program funds clean transportation technology that addresses challenges such as retrofitting ship propellers to increase efficiency, increases rail connections to reduce idling, or develops biofuels to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from planes.
- Eligible recipients may include: Provinces, territories and municipalities; Indigenous groups; Public sector organizations; Nonprofit and for-profit organizations; and Individuals.
- Recipients will receive up to 50% of total eligible costs for their project.
- The max. funding amount per project is $100k.
- $1.5M in funding will flow under this program over the next three years.
- The deadline is May 8.