The Government of Ontario is investing $3M in a new pilot program to train workers in the automotive and advanced manufacturing sectors.
- The new RapidSkills pilot provides high-quality, short-duration training.
- It helps laid-off, at-risk, and underutilized workers quickly gain in-demand skills.
- The government has issued a call for proposals to organizations interested in developing and delivering this training.
- Funding will support a diverse range of training projects that address the needs of workers and the auto and advanced manufacturing industries.
- Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology, employers, industry associations, unions, and workforce development partners, First Nations governments, Indigenous institutes, nonprofits, Ontario publicly-assisted universities, Ontario school boards, and private career colleges are eligible.
- The deadline is Jan. 31.