Canada’s Regional Development Agencies, including FedDev Ontario, ACOA, CEQ and WD, have launched new funding programs for businesses and nonprofits.
Canada has six Regional Development Agencies that promote economic development across the country:
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
- Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario (FedNor)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD).
Earlier this month, these agencies, with the exception of CanNor and FedNor, launched new funding programs:
- Business Scale-up and Productivity: Funding under this stream helps to accelerate the growth of companies and assist with the adoption of new, innovative technologies that support scale-up, productivity, and the development of and entry into new markets to help companies become globally competitive.
- Regional Innovation Ecosystems: Funding under this stream aims to create, grow and develop strong and inclusive regional ecosystems that support business growth and innovation, as well as the entrepreneurial environment necessary to foster more innovative regional economies and increase the competitiveness of SMEs.
- Community Economic Development and Diversification: Funding under this stream aims to generate sustainable, inclusive growth and help small and rural communities to fully participate in, and benefit from economic opportunities.
Funding eligibility criteria and maximum amounts vary under each agency.