Communities in Ontario with populations under 100k can now apply for infrastructure funding under the Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP)’s Green Infrastructure stream.
- The funding will help small communities to rehabilitate critical water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure and drive local economic growth.
- Municipalities, First Nations, Local Service Boards, Conservation Authorities, and other nonprofits that own eligible infrastructure assets can apply.
- Project funding can reach up to $3M.
- The program has a $200M budget.
- Ontario is planning on launching an additional intake of the Green Infrastructure stream in 2020 that could focus on other emerging priorities for water, wastewater and stormwater projects and/or disaster mitigation.
- The deadline to apply is Jan. 22, 2020.