The Government of Manitoba has announced a new $20M fund, the Manitoba Mineral Development Fund (MMDF), to jump-start mineral and economic development initiatives.
- The Manitoba Chambers of Commerce (MCC) will administer the fund.
- The fund has an initial $20M budget, which will be topped up by an additional annual infusion of up to 6% of revenues to be provided under The Mining Tax Act.
- Businesses, Indigenous groups, municipalities, and nonprofits are eligible to apply.
- Funding will go towards activities that help advance new mining opportunities and outreach to First Nations for collaborative resource development.
- This new fund replaces the Mining Community Reserve Fund.