The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador is accepting applications under its 2020-21 Provincial Agrifoods Assistance Program. The program helps farmers and new entrants prepare for the upcoming season.
- The program will invest $2.25M in agriculture programs in 2020-21, with priority on projects that support food self-sufficiency, increase agricultural growth and secondary processing, and generate employment.
- Successful program applicants will also be eligible for cash advances to ensure funding is available early in the season when needed.
- Applicants must have reported a minimum of $15k in eligible agriculture sales, or qualify as a new entrant, to be eligible for the program.
- New entrants may also qualify for up to $20k in funding under the Agriculture Infrastructure program.
- Applications will be judged on merit.
- There is no application deadline until further notice.