The governments of Canada and Ontario are investing $1.85M in the new Ontario Agri-Food Research Initiative to help develop new cutting edge technologies, practices, and solutions to tackle modern-day industry problems.
- The program is now accepting proposals for advancing research in food safety, trade, market and growth opportunities, automation, and bio-based production systems.
- Projects can receive up to $150k.
- Eligible applicants include: universities or colleges; research organizations, institutes, or foundations; industry organizations or businesses; non-government organizations; and governments or government agencies.
- Federal and provincial government researchers are eligible to collaborate on projects.
- The deadline to apply is Jan. 23.