Municipalities in Saskatchewan can now apply for funding to clean up abandoned, environmentally impacted sites through the Impacted Sites Fund.
- This fund is administered by the Ministry of Environment.
- It provides financial support to municipal governments to clean up these sites so they can be used for future economic or social development opportunities.
- An abandoned, environmentally impacted site is an area that has been contaminated.
- The program will be funded on an ongoing basis.
- To date, there is approximately $178k available.
- Applications will be ranked according to environmental, social, and economic factors.
- First priority will be given to sites that pose the greatest risk to human or ecological health.