Due to significant growth and planned expansion, we have an exciting search underway for a dynamic, driven, and passionate executive professional to take on the new role of Vice President – Business Development. Our client with headquarters in downtown Toronto, is a best-in-class, innovative Fintech SaaS leader.
The hiring organization provides a unique solution which is in high demand and has been extremely successful in Canada with much runway ahead. Reporting to the President and collaborating closely with the CEO, Founder, as the Country Leader for US-based channels, you will build on and leverage the success of the Canadian sales team.
The position will be responsible for mapping out and implementing a definitive, multi-year plan while ensuring exceptional sales results. Supported by the existing team, you will be directly responsible for achieving US channel sales growth in alignment with corporate goals and strategies. Additionally, you will build, mentor and train a team of driven, entrepreneurial sales professionals, supporting B2B global markets.
You will draw on your years of success and your network to identify, pitch and secure target channel business partners with a recurring revenue model. With ambitious expansion objectives, you will be instrumental in the success of this organization of inspiring & bright, life-long learners.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Finance, Law or Engineering. MBA is an asset
- Minimum 10 years of account executive/ business development experience in enterprise markets, financial services, business solutions or SaaS
- Experience selling into innovation-oriented industry sectors, ideally into the US
- Strong knowledge of SaaS and software solutions
- Strong commitment to service excellence and a strong drive for measurable results evidenced by a successful career to date
- Exceptional communication and presentation, and writing skills
- A proven skilled negotiator, motivating leader and excellent relationship builder
- A clear record of accomplishments in prior personal and professional pursuits
- Accountability and dependability while possessing excellent organizational &, time management skills.
This truly is an exciting role where you will be set up for success with excellent career development opportunities and an attractive compensation package on offer.